Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Maybe I can use the irony to press my trousers.

Our uniforms are exchanged on Tuesdays. We bring in our dirty clothing, and the delivery guy leaves us clean shirts and pants. Then we take them home and continue the cycle.

I made the unfortunate choice yesterday of trying to walk up the grassy hill next to our shop, my usual shortcut, rather than walking all the way around on the roads and parking lots. I slipped on the wet turf (it had rained all day), lost my balance, fell forward, and ended up bracing myself with my hands -- one of which held all my new shirts and pants on their hangers. And they couldn't fall flat on just one garment, no. They fell on their nicely creased edges, creating a muddy stripe down one side. (Although, on the bright side, that would create great symmetry if I were to remove the pants from their hanger, unfold them, and put them on, so there'd be a matching stripe on each leg.)

So, now I have to wash my freshly laundered uniforms. Go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home