Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Well Excuuuse Me!

To anyone who attempts to talk to me in a restaurant: Don't go away mad, thinking that I think I'm better than you. Maybe it's because I didn't hear you – not until you said that, anyway.

It seems that I offended a stranger tonight because I didn't thank him for his compliment about my Pinky & the Brain T-shirt. I didn't hear him at all. Then one of my dining companions, sitting across from me, said something I couldn't understand. As he repeated himself for me, telling me what the stranger had said, the stranger said something else, or repeated himself as well, so again I didn't hear him.

That's when he became upset and snarked that I must think I'm better than he is. Of course, that's the only thing I heard from him. I didn't bother trying to explain or apologize (not that I had anything to apologize for), since he had already made up his mind that I'm a snob. You can't reason with people like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home