Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, May 13, 2010

At Least I Didn't Waste the Chance

A couple of Wednesdays ago, I thought I was having a bad day, so I decided to treat myself to dinner on the way to bowling. The first restaurant I pulled into was closed for some reason, so I went to a different Chinese place. The food was okay, nothing impressive, but the fortune cooky was delightful.

"You deserve to have a good time after a hard day's work."

At the time, I found it eerily appropriate. Now, after the last week and a half which culminated in me actually going home on time yesterday, I find the fortune ironic.

Froggy asked if I played the lottery numbers on the back. He claims that you should always play the numbers if they include your age. (They do.)

Should I play the numbers because the fortune came true? Is there an expiration date? Do I have to play the same numbers all the time (if I ever do it again)? Should I play the numbers because they include my age? Do I need to play the numbers before my birthday next month, at which time my age no longer agrees with the numbers? Should I play the numbers because the fortune came true and because they include my age? Should I play the numbers because there are worse ways to waste a dollar? (Tickets do cost a dollar, don't they?) How do I even play the lottery?

1 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, May 13, 2010 , Blogger Betty said...

There may be worse ways to waste a dollar, but I can't actually think of any. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home