Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Saturday, July 03, 2010

I done dood it!

Since I started a new workout routine this morning instead of yesterday afternoon, since there were no kids around to witness if I failed, since I was walking a few laps to kill time between swimming and when I could get into the weight room, since the workout equipment at the end of the indoor track includes a pull-up apparatus, and since I was pulling more than my body weight in the back exercise in the routine I was done with, I decided to see if I could do any pull-ups or chin-ups.

This is a big deal for me. Never in my life have I been able to do any pull-ups or chin-ups. This, naturally, was very embarrassing when every other boy in gym class could.

I surprised myself. Not only could I do a pull-up followed by a chin-up, I was able to replicate the feat three times (once during each lap; I wasn't going to tempt fate). I might actually try it again someday, now that I know I can do it -- maybe even more than one at a time!

Okay, I now know how to ride a bike and can do pull-ups/chin-ups. Anything other physical feats from childhood I haven't succeeded in yet?

Oh. Right. But, no, I'm not going to attempt the rope climb. (Nice try, though.)

1 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, July 03, 2010 , Blogger Betty said...

Ha! Rope climb was, indeed, my first thought. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home