Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, August 19, 2010

I could make 6 or 8 dozen tiny omelettes.

On my way home yesterday, I encountered the food service manager, who was carrying three egg cartons. She said that a coworker had given her quail eggs from the birds he raises. She asked if I would like some. I said, "Sure, they might make an interesting breakfast burrito." She said she would drop them off on my porch.

When I got home, I saw that she had left all three egg cartons. "What am I supposed to do with three dozen quail eggs?" I wondered -- until I opened one of the cartons. These eggs are tiny. There were at least two dozen quail eggs in each standard-chicken egg carton. (Note the two pictures comparing egg sizes in this Wikipedia link.) What am I supposed to do with that many little eggs?

Actually, the wiki image of the "soft-boiled quail eggs with potato galettes" looks kind of yummy. Now I just need to learn what a galette is (and how to make one).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home