Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, October 21, 2010

How do you catch a moonbeam in your hand?

As I went to bed last night, I noted that we are in just the right stage of full mooniness that moonlight shone through my blinds onto my bed (thankfully not atop my pillow, or else I wouldn't have been able to fall asleep). It is probably for that reason why I have this song stuck in my head this morning.



The simple answer, of course, is to hold out your hand, with your palm facing up. See, I answer the question as if I am catching something that's falling, not as if I am Elmer Fudd trying to trap "that wascawy wabbit". (You'd think a bunch of nuns could figure that one out.) Alas, there are streetlamps all the way from my apartment to the gym, and then from the gym to my office, so I couldn't test my hypothesis.

1 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, October 21, 2010 , Blogger Betty said...

You're worried about moonlight keeping you awake? Try sunlight. Stupid night shifts...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home