Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Live and Let Die

You know you probably read too many mysteries when... you're walking home from work, notice a helicopter flying kind of low overhead, and wonder if someone in the cockpit is going to machine-gun you.

After a moment, I realized how preposterous that sounded. First off, my ego would have to be tremendously inflated for me to actually believe in that possibility. Second, I'd have to be more than a nebbish to tick someone off that strongly. Third, that's an awful lot of money to spend on bumping me off.

But I'm flattered that someone would spend that much money on bumping me off. I laughed at that thought the rest of the way home.



Incidentally, I never realized how many James Bond theme songs I recognize, even though I've never been interested in the movies themselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home