Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Daylight not come yet. Me still wan' go home.

I lost my cell phone yesterday, somewhere between the gate to the retention pond and (or in) the dining hall. Considering that I bent over to clear the leaves off of three storm drains on the way, it's likely that the phone fell off my belt as I bent over. I walked the route three times (even getting on my knees in the dining hall to see if someone kicked it under the steam tables) but couldn't find it.

A couple hours later, Skippy radioed me to have a crew clear out another drain -- one that my crew had already cleared out in the morning. They got deeper this time, using posthole diggers to clear sand and leaves from the bottom. "But why don't I see stormwater from the stadium running through it?" the St. Bernard asked.

And that's why I spent 1.5 hours yesterday, in water halfway up to my knees, trying to cut holes in the fake grass over the drains in the stadium.

I never should've told Robomarkov, "If that's the worst that happens to me today, I'm doing all right," after I lost my cell phone.



Fozzie cracks me up in that one. And, now that I've finished, I can reveal that I have successfully achieved what I had pondered: if I could post a "favorite" clip from The Muppet Show each day for a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home