Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

How much does your employer think you're worth?

My ten year anniversary with the company is coming up. I have these choices for my gift.

I got the binoculars already for my fifth-year gift.

I don't wear jewelry or even a wristwatch. I don't have a wife or girlfriend, and my mother doesn't need any more jewelry, so all those choices are out.

I just got the plates I wanted, so I'm kind of happy that the options here don't appeal to me.

I checked out retail prices for the electronics (even though I already have a DVD player and can't imagine a use for an mp3 player -- let alone needing to learn new technology if I got it), and it looks like the company has gone with the low end of the market.

The sleeping bag "fits up to 5'11" tall". Ah, yes, the story of my life. Maybe the cute chick in the picture frame would fit in it, but I have a feeling that I'd get just the frame.

I already have a tool set, and I can buy frozen waffles for cheap in the grocery store, and if I really wanted to make my own, I'd just have my mom send me her waffle iron; she hasn't used it in decades.

I certainly don't need anything pretty that does nothing but collect dust. I don't go camping, so the lantern is useless. The gym set is cheap. Lord knows I don't need another bag; I have plenty I don't use already.

So, I've settled on this. I'll be able to see what coat or jacket I'll need (or not) before I leave the apartment.

1 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, March 26, 2011 , Blogger Geosomin said...

the heart rate monitor would be cool...
Where I work you get a handshake until 25 years. Then I think it's an ugly watch...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home