Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Saturday, April 16, 2011

As men throughout the United States give up eating at Chinese restaurants...

Instead of the dining hall yesterday, Froggy insisted we eat at his favorite Chinese restaurant. Since Miss Kitty has accused me of "being quiet" (quieter than normal she means, which is partly true, since she and Froggy have been ranting for more than a week, and I'm sick of all the negativity, so I just keep my mouth shut, but mostly true because she and Froggy dominate every encounter, so Thing One, Officer Krupke, and I have no opportunity to speak), I acquiesced and went along. Two enjoyable things happened, so I guess it wasn't so bad after all.

First, Froggy and Miss Kitty were annoyed because a woman at the next table talked constantly and loudly (in their opinions; Thing One and I didn't notice). I said, "Oh, the irony is thick today."

Second, as we read the fortunes from our cookies, Froggy kept insisting that he add the words "in bed" to the end of each fortune. It was stupid and silly enough to entertain him, but my fortune might not have been the best one to have: You may lose the small ones but win the big ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home