Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

I took a chance and succeeded.

I have been quietly savoring my victory the past few days, but I also feel a bit guilty about not posting lately, so I thought I'd share the news.

What I didn't mention in my last post was that the jeans I was wearing in the photos made me look fat. I don't know why; it was the "relaxed fit" of my preferred brand, which I always buy. They felt and looked baggy, however. Could all American fashions have gone that way? Could the clothing manufacturers acknowledged that society overall has gained weight? Or, frighteningly enough, could my exercising actually have resulted in me slimming down?

Well, I could test that question, so I did. While Thing One and I were visiting every thrift store in Hixson, we also stopped by The Maul, and I tried on some jeans that were on sale. They were a different brand from a different store than I usually buy. I took "original" and "relaxed fit" (in the waist measurement I currently wear) into the dressing room. The waists felt the same. The relaxed fit might have felt a little roomier in the leg and seat. Thing One said the original looked slightly better, so I bought them.

Yes, I don't need to wear "relaxed fit" jeans any more!

Okay, it might still depend on the brand I try on (which makes yet another reason for me to try on almost all clothing I want, a condition I have been cursed with since childhood), but... I don't need to wear "relaxed fit" jeans any more!

1 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, April 07, 2011 , Blogger Betty said...

Now I kind of hate you. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home