Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Somebody lied like a rug.

Thing One and I went to the flea market yesterday to look at rugs (for her house and my office). I saw one I wanted, in different sizes, so I went back to campus and measured the rooms in my new shop area.

I wasn't all that surprised to see that the "leftover" tile had been put down in the training room, locker area, break area, and supervisors' office, but not my office. In short, the whole building except my office and the bathrooms. (The bathrooms, which already had this sort of vinyl tile but in a different pattern, for some reason were bare concrete.)

Just exactly how much did they overorder for the previous project? Enough to cover a small building (900 square feet, not counting the office and bathrooms) seems a little excessive when you're talking about excess.

Naturally, I'm a little ticked at Skippy and Froggy now. It would've saved me two visits to the flooring store and a bunch of wembling if they had told me up front that they were going to put down what they had on hand, regardless of what I wanted.

I wonder if they're going to be "nice" and put down one of my carpet choices in my office. They'll probably think it is appropriate for a manager, but I thought the way I had laid out my plans (tile in some rooms, carpet in some, and coordinating with the paint) would've ended up really classy. And now, if I put a rug down on the only carpeted room in the building, it'll look stupid.

Still, I went back to the flea market and bought the largest size of that rug. Stupid or not, I'm going to have my office the way I want it, dagnabbit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home