Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, July 08, 2011

The X Factor

I remember why I didn't blog about this yet. It's because I was hurriedly trying to get everything else done before my business trip. That's when I finally transferred my car registration from NM to TN, but I didn't have time to tell you.

I used to drive a Chevrolet Lumina with the license plate "CORTEX" (which, my mom decreed, was also the name of the car). When I bought my Chevrolet Equinox a couple of years ago, I kept the license plate. However, I kept misremembering the model name of my new car and thinking it was an Excalibur. That's when I realized that my first car's name, the license plate, and the new car model each had an "x" in the name. Hence, my current car's name is Excalibur.

You can imagine I was loath to give up my X license plate (not to mention the fact that it was easy to find a screaming yellow plate in a parking lot full of white ones). However, fate stepped in. The random alphanumeric combination of my new plate has an "x" in it. All is right with the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home