Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, July 07, 2011

Hail to the Chief

I was overwhelmingly elected as president of the bowling league last night. It happened so quickly, I couldn't tell if I abstained or voted no. Sheesh, the least they could've done was sent me to pick up something at the snack bar. Then they could've elected me completely painlessly.

I don't think I actually have to do anything, since I never saw the past president do anything (it was always the secretary, who takes our money every week). Then again, the past president rarely came any more, which is why a new election was held.

Apparently, my campaign slogan was, "He's here every week." (Nice, but not so convincing, considering my business trip last week.)

Instead of "Hail to the Chief", how about we use this as my inaugural song?



I can't agree with all the lyrics (I've seen cops far more often at my weekly cheesesteak place than my donut shop), but it's still a cool song. I've always wondered, though, who's Annie Jipshun? Is she anything like Little Orphan Annie? If the comic strip was about her dog, it would be Little Arfin' Annie. Although, you could still use that name if you don't find her attractive (a real dog, doncha know?). Or, if she grew up to be like Miss Hannigan (in the movie), whom all the girls thought was a bitch. Of course, the girls probably became jealous after Annie was adopted by Daddy Warbucks, so they could call her Little Effing Annie.

(Annie Oakley was too hard to conjure with.)

2 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, July 08, 2011 , Blogger Betty said...

Does that mean we have to salute you or something?

 
At 2:57 PM, July 11, 2011 , Blogger Captain Chlorophyll said...

I suppose there are worse gestures you could make. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home