Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, August 22, 2011

I can't write poetry this good when I'm awake.

"Back in the saddle again."

Oops, wrong song.

School is back in session, and we're back to the work schedule that allows me to work out before heading to the office. It felt nice to be back in my comfort zone, especially after "hell week" (last minute preparations before the students' return).

This morning, I woke up with this (original) song in my head.
Up and down Manhattan,
Inside and outside the town,
I have a key to a Joshua Tree, and
It plays the best music around.

It was kind of barbershop quartet in tempo but Mills Brothers in harmonies. (If you think I was born in the wrong era, you're not the first to think that.)

The best news is that I can go and spend money again! For just over a week, I couldn't find my credit card nor my ATM card. They weren't in the drawer where I normally keep them. They weren't under the drawer. They weren't in or under the other drawer, either. They weren't behind or under the cabinet. They weren't in my car. They weren't in or under the sofa. They weren't at the last store I had a receipt for.

I called both companies, but the cards hadn't been used since my last receipt. That pointed toward them being lost and not stolen. Maybe the last store threw them out, without realizing it. Maybe I threw them out without realizing it.

Where did I finally find them? In my gym bag, of course. Doesn't everybody keep them there? Grocery store, here I come!

I still can't find my smallest, reusable, grocery bag, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home