Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, October 27, 2011

After this, I think I need to name my Gator.

Every morning, when I get into my utility vehicle and let it warm up, I wipe dew off the windows. I frequently have to wipe off condensation from the inside, too, especially after I've been occupying the enclosed cab. The dew and condensation almost immediately return (dang humidity!), so I have to switch on the windshield wiper for a swipe every minute or so. I don't like having to rewipe the inside periodically, either.

Even just to exit our equipment yard and take the shortcut through the alley to our office, I drive unwisely, what with an obscured windshield and only one hand on the wheel as the other switches between wiping off the inside and reaching for the windshield wiper switch, which is overhead and to my right, somewhere. It's not until the sun comes up an hour or so later that the windshield remains clear (on both surfaces). I'm almost afraid to think of what it will be like when the weather gets colder, or on cloudy days.

I always make sure my headlights are on, until the windshield is clear. I figure that if I can't see other drivers, they might not be able to see me. Of course, this makes it the ideal vehicle to use when escaping from the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home