Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Is that vaguely vulgar, as in, "Eat foo and die"?

My insurance agent, of all people, sent me an e-mail about his company's contest. Here's the prize.

One lucky foodie will win airfare for 2, hotel accommodations for 2 nights in the heart of South Beach and $500 spending cash. Our escape also includes a Food Network Magazine exclusive prize - a trip for 2 to attend the Food Network Magazine lounge in South Beach, Miami in February 2012.

Free airfare and hotel sounds good, but do I want to sell my soul for a chance to see the "Food Network Magazine lounge"? Heck, I'm so socially unconscious that I barely am aware that Food Network is a cable channel. (Note: I'm not providing a link to its website because I might accidentally learn something about it, and I'm happy remaining ignorant to what the masses enjoy.) Even if I skipped that grand and glorious opportunity, is there anything interesting to see in Miami besides the beach?

Just go to the link below, hit the Miami Foodie Escape tab on my Facebook page and enter to win!

Aw, shucks. I can't enter because I'm not on Facebook.

You heard that right, I'm one of the few netizens smart enough to be a member of the resistance. (Doctor, if you're listening, I'll help you defeat whichever flavor-of-the-month alien trying to take over our planet, and I have some friends who can help.) In fact, if I were at all capable of using my computer for more than games, e-mail, and a few documents, I'd tell Microsoft to take a flying leap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home