Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

When's the last time you ever thought of looking under your own rear end?

Last night, I finally figured out what made the cracking noise in my bed at the start of August.

I had overcome one portion of my laziness and decided to put empty boxes (the packaging that hold things you use everyday* but don't want to get rid of since you know you're going to need them again when you move at an unspecified point in the future) under my bed. Sure, my bed has spiff drawers under it, but they don't go all the way to the middle, so there's space (a vast amount, as I found out) between them, where I can hide things I don't need to get to.

As I was bellycrawling, I saw a dark streak in the center support rail for my platform bed. I wondered if it was a naturally occurring mark in the wood or if it was open to the other side. When I got close enough to reach it, I felt that it was a rather large crack. Aha! I wasn't imagining my bed breaking, but I couldn't see what cracked until I got under the bed. Now I have to dig out the purchase paperwork and see if it's still under warranty -- or maybe I can go to a lumber yard and buy a 2x4 to put in its place.

* Interestingly, my toaster oven is smaller in all dimensions than my microwave, but its box is larger than the microwave's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home