Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, October 07, 2011

I have seen the future, and I am scared.

In the past, I have mentioned how helpless, hopeless, or self-centered (or all three) some of the faculty members are at this school. For example, we will receive work order requests to spray for ants in their houses. Can they not buy a can of ant spray themselves? Do they think it's beneath them? Can they not clean up their kitchens so the ants won't be attracted by food? (Or is that presuming too much of them?)

I've also noted how these same faculty members bring their spouses and children to eat with them in the dining hall. (That's odd. If they're not eating in their kitchens, why are there ants there?) I picture one of these children growing up and getting married and telling his/her spouse, "Sorry, dear. I don't know how to cook, so you'll have to do it for me."

However, I have refrained from commenting on their children -- until today. Yesterday, my observation confirmed a behavior that I have seen them exhibit before, and it frightens me that these children might end up ruling society some day.

When these children play, they often play in the street. This is not a big deal; children around the world do so. However, these children do not get out of the street when approached by a car. Indeed, they don't even move out of the way. They will stand there and look at the car stupidly, but they won't move. (They're similar to "dumb animals" that way.)

I daren't honk the horn or yell at the children to warn them, for their parents then would think I am frightening or even accosting their little darlings. I'd be in even bigger trouble if I ran them over. (But it sure would save this planet a lot of future troubles.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home