Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Your Place, Not Mine

It's a good thing I'm single, or this ongoing problem with my bed would be more than a nuisance.

This is the latest chapter in what has, alas, become a saga about my bed.

You might recall that, back in August, I wondered what the cracking sound was which woke me up one night.  Then, in October, I figured it out.  I can't recall why it took me so long to call the company which sold me the bed (probably laziness or forgetfulness), but they said they'd notify the manufacturer and have them send me a new part.  (They also asked if I had installed the feet that came with the bedrail; I had not.)

The new rail arrived, naturally, while I was on vacation.  Thing One helped me take off my mattress, and the slats this past weekend.  That's when we observed that the new rail they sent:  1) was different (each end is "beveled", for lack of a better word) than the broken rail and 2) was a different size (thickness and width, not length) than the broken rail.  We also observed 3) that neither rail was oriented or pre-drilled to be able to attach the feet.  (This may or may not be the reason I did not install the feet in the first place, but as we're getting on to a year since I first assembled the bed, I can not remember at all.)  We reassembled the bed with the broken rail (flipped over, for a little more support for the time being, until either I finally get a rail I can use or until it breaks the other direction).

Yesterday after work, I phoned the vendor.  (Please note that every employee I have spoken with, up to the owner, is very courteous and helpful and knowledgeable and thorough.)  I asked for the owner, but he was not in, so the only message I left with the man who answered the phone was that the rail which arrived was different than the rail I already have.  I'll wait to reveal all the other details when I speak with the owner himself.

I was amused to realize that the employees of that company might not remember my name offhand, but they do remember that I'm the guy from Chattanooga that has ongoing issues with his bed.

I should've realized that there would be trouble when the owner told me that I was one of the very first people to buy this new variation of an existing bed model.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home