Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, March 09, 2012

I'm the type of person your mother warned you about.

Sometime during the night, I was awakened by a thunk.  (Thankfully, it wasn't the new, middle rail of my bed breaking, as the old one did.)  It sounded kind of like me knocking my glasses off the nightstand, except I was on the opposite side of the bed, so that was highly unlikely.  Since it was raining, and had been for most of the night, I figured it might've been a branch landing on the roof.

When I got dressed this morning, I saw that it was my old, cutlery tray from the kitchen (I hadn't told you I bought a new one because I couldn't make that sound anhydrously witty), which I had put on top of my carry-on bag on my closet shelf, and which I intend to take back to my condo in NM, which had fallen off the shelf.  (Is that enough "which" clauses?)  Clearly, I need to stop putting things on shelves in my apartment, for this was the second item this year which has fallen in the night and awoken me.  (The floor might get a little cluttered, though.)

That brought to mind the old saying, "Ghoulies and ghosties and long-legged beasties and things that go bump in the night".  Hey, I am a long-legged beasty. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home