Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, March 01, 2012

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Apparently, a bunch of people (or just someone awfully powerful) was chanting that yesterday.  I just wish they had warned me first.

First, the forecast called for rain Tuesday night and Wednesday.  Then it said it will rain all of Tuesday night through Wednesday.  Then it said we were to get thunderstorms.  Then it said we're going to get a really big storm at 3 p.m.  When I woke this morning, the pavement was dry, but I figured maybe there'd be dew.  Wouldn't you know that the skies were clear, and there was a breeze?

I fertilized the fields yesterday, figuring that the rain would dissolve the pellets.  Then I hoped that the dew would have done something.  Even that didn't happen, so now the fertilizer is likely to burn the grass.  I plan on confessing to Skippy this morning that I've killed every athletic field on campus.

We're supposed to have a sunny, warm day today.  What do you think the chances are that the forecast will be wrong?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home