Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, April 19, 2012

What better place to stash my 'lucky charms'?

After long last (and a bad week at work, which started last Thursday, so I hope the week ended on Wednesday), I had a good night at bowling (20 pins above my old average, and 40 pins above my current average).  I figured I'd have another bad night, what with the unpleasantness at work (which, naturally, caused me to lose sleep) and the stiffness in my upper back from pressure washing all morning.

I tried to hold myself right (but not relax too much or be too stiff).  I tried to approach at the right speed (don't rush, but don't go too slowly, either).  I kicked my foot a little more than usual (which I noticed more when I got strikes, so that might have helped).  I tried to figure out what I was doing differently.

Of course, it might've been the shirt I wore, which I hadn't worn to bowling before.  Or was it the different kind of socks?  It couldn't have been the shorts, since I've worn them before and not bowled well.  How about the new underwear -- a new style, and fresh out of the package?  Well, the whole reason I wore new (or different) clothes was because I had showered after work (even though I had my rainsuit on while pressure washing, schmutz still made it through to my skin), and that's not something I normally do, either.

Alas, too many variables to test.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home