Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, June 28, 2012

What's that you say?

I had occasion to visit Voice Mail Land yesterday.  I got stuck with one of those voice-recognition packages that I find, for some reason, more infuriating than pushing buttons to nowhere.  Somehow, I said the right combination of words, and it let me talk to a real, human being!

It was nice to have someone responsive and with a brain, and his accent wasn't so thick that I needed a sharp knife to carve through it, but it still was difficult.  I wasn't sure he said "Sanders", so I asked him to spell it.  He said "F-o-u-n-d-e-r-s".  Hoo boy.

Actually, he spelled it and then gave an example word for each letter, such as "F as in Frank, U as in universe, D as in dumbass, E as in earresponsible..."

No, sorry.  I meant earregardless.  Oops, that's not a word either.  Well, not to anybody but VanGogh.  I mean, he's the only person of note.  No, wait.  That would be Beethoven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home