Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, September 07, 2012

I didn't really want to go there, anyway.

I received an e-mail today, informing me that I was not selected for one of the in-company jobs for which I had applied.  "Although your qualifications and experience are notable, we will be moving forward with other candidates whose qualifications more closely match the business needs at this time."  I wonder how much of that is "soft soap", considering that I currently work at a site only slightly larger and supervise a few more employees than the site with that posting.  How much closer to the "business needs" could someone be?  It's probably just a form letter they send to everyone not selected.  A negative part of my head nags at me and says, "Maybe they had someone in mind already and just went through the motions of posting the job because it was required."  Well, that's nicer than the negativity that says they rejected me.

It was a surprise to receive that e-mail.  As I checked my application status regularly, that posting remained at "application received" until today, when I saw it (after reading the e-mail) as "submitted, but not selected".  The other posting for which I applied had changed several days ago from "received" to "under review".  I figured that meant the recruiter got it.  The number of days it has been "under review" makes me think the recruiter's desk is backed up with all the other job postings to review, so s/he hasn't gotten to mine yet.  On the positive side, that means I haven't been rejected yet.

It would be nice if there were more people wanting to hire horticulturists right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home