Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, September 27, 2012

I finally did it.

What did I do?  Take your pick.

1) Filled up my first mini-CD of photos (apartment, car, belongings, owls).  There are 212 pics on the disk.  The sad part is that my owl photos haven't even completed the ones I bought at the recent estate sale, let alone all the ones on my shelves.  In my defense, I'm smart enough to put several figurines into one shot (so I'm not wasting pixels one at a time), but I take them from the four cardinal directions, so it's more than one shot per item.  By the way, here's the photo I promised (a long time ago) of the outside of my apartment.  Mine is the one on the left.


2) Started wrapping and packing aforementioned figurines.

3) Expanded and taped some boxes, to be ready for packing.  I knew I had saved the two, which originally held my nightstands, for a good purpose!  Um, the only problem is that I had thought of using them (since they are so large) to hold my vacuum storage bags of clothing and linens, but I can't get them through the doorway to the kitchen.  Why not?  Because my fancy bookcase blocks part of the doorway.  Here's a shot of it.


Now before you get on my case (no pun intended), Betty, I'll remind you that most of my books are in Las Cruces and Albuquerque.  Plus, the doors mean I can display my owls yet not have to dust them -- yay!

4) Pulled empty boxes out from underneath my bed.  Some of these boxes are from particular items that I can repack into their original containers, and some (mostly Girl Scout cooky boxes) are really nice to use for carrying books or other dense items, which is why I saved them.

5) Made Thatsalotta Soup.  I packaged it in old margarine tubs (and other reusable containers), each containing one meal's worth.  I figured on having soup for one meal every day; I didn't figure on having enough for 14 days!  Now you know why I named this soup the way I did.  (I thought I had cleaned out my freezer?)

6) Made another batch of brownies.  Yes, they're not exactly healthy, but I had to get that second box of brownie mix off my shelf, rather than packing it, right?

7) Made some follow-up phone calls for jobs I had applied for.  It turns out I called just in time for one of them, since the H.R. person said she hadn't received the e-mail, and she expects to meet with the boss on Friday, after he's done with a landscaping project.  The second one made me feel good, until my rational side kicked in.  (I'm sure it's purely self-preservation, to keep me from being too disappointed if they don't want me.)  The woman who answered made it sound as if she knew who I was (although she might've been responding that way only because I had identified myself as a job applicant) and said that the clients had been traveling but would be given my resume on Thursday.  (She didn't say anything about other resumes, but my rational side says that might be because she was talking just to me, not to a group, so she wouldn't need to mention the other applications, if there are any, which presumably there are, for such a high paying job in a ritzy town.)  Whatever way you look at it, neither woman told me that I wasn't wanted.

8) That's a lot of stuff already.  I think I'll reward myself by reading another book -- and eating a brownie.

2 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, September 27, 2012 , Blogger Betty said...

Now before you get on my case (no pun intended), Betty, I'll remind you that most of my books are in Las Cruces and Albuquerque.

I wasn't going to say it. Although I'll admit, I was thinking it. ;)

Also, dude, all those owls are staring at me!

 
At 5:08 PM, September 28, 2012 , Blogger Captain Chlorophyll said...

Well, they're tired of seeing just me all the time. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home