Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Falling off the Wagon

My friend Betty blogged this week about buying more books, which is a perpetual problem for her.  Maybe it's the phase of the moon or something, because I just bought a bunch more owls.  (Is there a term for a group of owls?)

I guess it's my fault that I pointed out the "Estate Sale" sign to Thing One, and I surely didn't have to buy any of the knick-knacks in the woman's house, and I really shouldn't be wasting my money when I don't have a job.  However, her family was so eager to clear out the house, and there were so many knick-knacks that my purchase hardly made a dent, and you know the owls are going to a good home, and where else could I buy so many for that amount of money?

3 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, September 16, 2012 , Blogger Betty said...

You know what we both need, clearly? Books about owls.

 
At 10:37 AM, September 17, 2012 , Blogger Captain Chlorophyll said...

Get thee behind me, Satan! (Or can I not say that to the Book Pope?)

 
At 4:40 PM, September 17, 2012 , Blogger Betty said...

You can say it to the Book Pope. But it won't help. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home