Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Day in Busytown

I'm really writing this just so you know I'm still around.  I haven't been all that busy.  It would be more effective if I had a closer deadline to pack all my stuff and move (and, for that matter, a place to move to), so I've been pretty idle.  I do keep marginally productive by reading old newspapers (so I can recycle them or use them for packing materials) in between rounds of a computer game.  Sure, I'd read more papers if I did just that, but it wouldn't be as fun.  Anyway, this is basically an update to let you know I've done something other than sit around the house and mope.

This past Saturday, Elmer Fudd invited me to lunch and an afternoon of conversation.  It was enjoyable (although I think I figured out that an ingredient in the dessert gave me an MSG headache).  On Monday, I took a bunch of old newspapers and mixed paper (and a small amount of plastic and steel cans) to the city recycling center.  I also had Thing One review my cover letter for a job application in San Diego and sent off said application via e-mail.  (All this before lunch.)  Today, I stowed some winter clothes and spare towels into my second set of vacuum-suction storage bags you might've seen advertised on TV.  (I've noticed, if you cram a lot of stuff into them, especially sheets, which aren't as fluffy as comforters or pillows, they don't compact anywhere near as much as shown in the commercials.)

Oh, and I also set aside my boxes of books to be donated to the local library.  I can't take them away yet, though, because I have four books (well, three plus the one I started at lunch) left to read before I do that.  That should free up some floor space for my next pile of newspapers for recycling.

Oh well, at least I'm doing something.

2 Comments:

At 10:46 PM, September 12, 2012 , Blogger Betty said...

So, what computer game are you playing?

 
At 5:41 AM, September 13, 2012 , Blogger Captain Chlorophyll said...

I have a "Hoyle Puzzles & Board Games" collection, of which my favorite is a sliding variant of a mah jongg-like tile game.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home