Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Happy San Francisco!

Most people celebrate (and wish for) a happy new year.  I wish for nothing more than being allowed to sleep at night.

At 10 p.m., my cell. phone beeped with new year's wishes from my former bowling teammmate in the Noog.  I hadn't gone to bed yet, so I was okay with that.

Shortly after I went to bed, some yahoo walked along the street, banging something metal.  "He's an hour early," I observed.

I had nearly fallen asleep when my  cell. phone started beeping.  It was my buddy Robomarkov texting me a happy new year, dead on midnight.

I had nearly fallen asleep again when my phone beeped again.  The unidentified person said s/he "probably wouldn't make it to midnight" so was sending out his/her happy wishes then.  I was curious about that (and, alas, awake enough to figure the person was on the west coast), so I looked in the phone book in the morning and learned my newest buddy has a San Francisco area code.

Do I know anyone in San Francisco?

2 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, January 03, 2013 , Blogger Geosomin said...

Happy New year :)

I commisserate. We were woken late in the new years night by some twit hitting our neighbor's car with theirs. It was rather spectacular in it's smashfullness...

 
At 11:43 AM, January 11, 2013 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is such thing as a silent mode.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home