Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I'm ready for my close-up, Mr. DeMille.

I got a phone call last night from the California school in search of a grounds manager.  If they can set it up, they want to do a video conference interview, so all their committee members can be present, and will I be available on Wednesday?

Whoa, Nelly!  That's a lot of horses to hold.

1) I have neither a camera nor a microphone, so the video interview (or even Skype, which the woman suggested as a backup, in case she couldn't get the video part coordinated on their end) isn't feasible for me.

2) Wednesday is the day I begin my move back to N.M., and I will be on the road from Wed. 10/31 through Fri. 11/2.

3) But, I do have a friend (Gimpy) in N.M., who has a camera and microphone on his computer, so I could do a video interview at some point after that.

4) Yes, that would work, but one of their committee members will be gone from 11/1 to 11/16.

The H.R. rep. said she'd see what she could work out and call me back.  (Since it was already after 5:30 p.m. her time when she phoned, I'm guessing she means today.)  I gave her my new cell. phone number, so she can still reach me after my landline is shut off tomorrow.

I hope to keep you updated, but I'm not sure when I'll have web access again after today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home