Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, January 18, 2013

Mystery solved, but I'm insolvent.

I am at the point where I can't spend any more money.  (Darn those condo. repairs last year!)  It's the time of month when I usually mail my monthly mortgage payment, but I can't do that without borrowing money from my mother.  I feel bad enough that I'm living at home without paying her rent or helping pay for higher utility bills, and eating her groceries.  Goodness knows how (or when) I'm ever going to afford replacing the super-expensive, professional fridge which is nothing better than a stainless steel coffin at the moment.

I received a letter from TN Unemployment in December, telling me that I had been provisionally approved for unemployment benefits.  (See also this post.)  The letter gave an early January deadline for my (former) employer to appeal, or else I would receive benefits.

Since that letter, I haven't heard boo.  I just checked my checking account balance, and other than the deposit from my condo. renter at the start of the month, I haven't had an infusion of cash since my Christmas gift check.  Did my employer appeal or not?  Will I get money or not?  How much money (if any) should I expect?  How often will it arrive?  Why haven't I heard anything?

I have about a week before I'll need to ask my mom to pay my mortgage.  Yeah, that should be just about long enough for me to sit on hold, waiting for someone to answer the phone and assist me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home