Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Going Frozen Fowl

It has been a week and a half since I moved to Tulsa and started the idea of eating more healthily than I had at my mom's house.  My portions are smaller, I haven't bought any snacks (neither sweet nor salty), and I haven't bought any soda.  (It's also an idea to save money for other aspects of my life.)

This weekend, though, I hit my first wall.  After apartment hunting, I wanted to celebrate by eating at a restaurant (also because I'm sick of microwaved foods or sandwiches in the hotel room).  I held off, though, and visited a new (to me) grocery store this morning, which indulged my desire for variety yet was a more economical use for my money.  (Incidentally, I don't know when -- or if, but that's for another post -- my first paycheck will arrive, and I probably have gotten my last unemployment check.)

Then, today, I thought of an alternative.  Similar to my making my own yogurt (mixing frozen fruit with plain, unsweetened yogurt), I probably could make my own soda by mixing cranberry or cran-raspberry juice with club soda.  I'm really jonesing for a fix, and the juice will have flavor and sugar like soda, but with nutrients.  I think I'll try that, the next time I go to a store.

That doesn't keep me from craving a fresh pizza, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home