Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Saturday, June 08, 2013

The Answer can be found in Tulsa

As of today, my age is the same as The Answer to The Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything.  (I'll still claim to be 29, though.)

I nearly didn't make it to today.  I was caught in a fit of last-minute physical labor (laying sod), and when the crew arrived to deliver more sod, I pondered asking the front-end loader driver to run me over.  I didn't, however, as I didn't want to die just before my birthday, especially since we could be just that close to discovering The Ultimate Question.

The job then began displaying some disturbing characteristics.  First off (and here's photographic proof),



there was the Vogon Constructor Fleet, disguised as a concrete crew cleaning up their mess.  (If you know anything about construction, this is a flawed disguise, as concrete contractors never clean up after themselves.)

Then, Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz himself came to inspect the work his crew had done.  (I didn't take his photo because I was afraid he'd read some of his poetry at me.)

I just kept carrying sod for, as you well know, "Resistance is useless!"  (Strange, that goes for aging, too.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home