Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, May 31, 2013

Watch Out

Unlike earlier this month, I might merit your concern about the unstable weather in Oklahoma.  Last night, a tornado touched down in the town which borders Tulsa on the southeast.  (I wonder why my mobile phones didn't go crazy with a tornado warning then.)  Tonight, we're under a tornado watch (less of a danger than a warning, so no alerts posted to mobile phones), but this one has been designated "Particularly Dangerous Situation".

Huh?  More dangerous than a tornado?  I looked it up here and learned that tornadoes are likely (so why isn't it a warning instead of a watch?), strong, damaging winds are possible (so what else is new?), and large (4" diameter or larger) hail is possible (my insurance company is going to love me if I call them again about hail damage to my car).

It looks like my thoughts of doing some online work from home – or even goofing off – must be postponed until the weather is less hazardous.  Sure, the sun is shining now, but for how long?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home