Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, November 22, 2013

Down, but Not Out

Before running errands this evening, I suddenly remembered my spare-change book fund (money I get back from purchases and set aside to buy more books).  Could I not use that to repay the bookstore employee her 60 cents of kindness from last Saturday?  (All right, her kindness was worth more than 60 cents, but that's the least I could repay her.)  Of course I could, since, in an oblique way, I was using that money to pay for books.  I wrote a thank-you note, sealed it in an envelope with two quarters and a dime, and left it at the customer service desk at the bookstore.

One of the other errands I ran was to stop by the ATM then go inside the bank to have my $20 withdrawal changed into smaller bills, so I can pay the tolls on my upcoming road trip.

That's about all I can afford at the moment, though.  I discovered this morning that I was not paid for the last two weeks!  Why not?  Because I forgot to submit my timesheet online last week.  (Yes, even after more than seven months I've been employed as an alleged manager, the company still has not corrected whatever glitch causes the payroll department to treat me like an hourly employee, so I have to prove to them that I worked.)  Fear not!  The office manager knew a way to request a check, which should be delivered, via overnight service, to me at my mom's house (where I will be, starting this weekend) on Monday.  That still leaves me enough time to make the deposit before banks close for Thanksgiving and to write checks for my rent and mortgage before the end of the month.  Whew!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home