Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Sunday, November 03, 2013

Hot and Cold

To reassure you, I should mention that my furnace was replaced, and my air conditioner was repaired.  The HVAC guy asked me to turn on the A.C., to make sure it worked.  I told him it did and, in fact, it was blowing more strongly than before.  "Good," he replied, "now leave it on for an hour, to give the sealant some time to circulate."  So, where I had been at a comfortable temperature, I ended up shivering as the indoor temperature dropped six degrees.  After that, I darn sure wanted to test the furnace.  After 15 minutes, the temperature went up four degrees.  I think we can call the repair a success (although there is a slight smell of natural gas in my apartment).

The fact I smell anything at all is good news.  It appears that my cold is almost gone already.  Now if I could be allowed to fix other things by lazing around my apartment, the world and I would get along fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home