Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, November 22, 2013

The Call of the Mild

It got down to freezing again last night, and it stayed barely a few degrees warmer all day (not counting the wind chill).  I stood outside and watched (I'm the boss, so I don't need to labor with them unless I want to or it's absolutely necessary) my crew cut down some dead trees at a school, and I was shivering.  If I had known it would be that windy, I would've worn my long underwear to protect my legs and my scarf to protect my nose and lips.  My fingers started to hurt, but I think I have warmer gloves I can get from my bedroom at my mom's house, when I go there for Thanksgiving.  I couldn't feel my toes, though.  How many layers of socks will I be able to fit inside my shoes?

To think, this was at or just above freezing.  How much will I suffer when winter sets in?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home