Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Be Kind to Chlorophyll Day

A couple of uncomfortable situations turned out all right today.

First, I went to Barnes & Noble to pick up the books I ordered last week.  It turned out that the total cost just a smidge more than my gift cards, but the clerk stunned me by using her own debit card to make up that last 60 cents!  (Naturally, your eternally honest Cap'n will take 60 cents to the store at the earliest opportunity.)

Then, I went to the library to look into an e-mail I had received that I didn't return a book.  It certainly isn't in my apartment, and I returned all the other books from that batch at the same time, so I thought they might have shelved it without checking it back in.  Alas, it wasn't in the four places on the shelves where I looked.  However, the librarian 1) was nice and 2) noted I am a regular patron with an otherwise exemplary record, so she marked the book as "missing" and did not charge me a fine.  Not only that, I was still allowed to check out the requested book which had just arrived for me.

It appears that, in addition to charming little old ladies and waitresses, my superpower affects women who can get me books.  (I'll have to perform further experiments to see if I have that power over both genders of librarians, or just females.)

1 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, November 17, 2013 , Blogger Betty said...

I want that power! Whatever genders it applies to. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home