Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, November 01, 2013

Not that I was going to do something else anyway.

Yesterday morning, I felt a scratchy throat.  "Oh, no," I worried.  "That's the way a cold usually starts for me."  Sure enough, by the end of the day, my sinus headache and drainage had started, guaranteeing that I wouldn't sleep much at night.  Therefore, I will stay inside my apartment (except for laundry) and read all weekend and, hopefully, nap.

To make up for it, I will get two extra hours of sleep this weekend.  That's right:  two.  Not only do we celebrate the end of the accursed Daylight Savings Time, but our work hours are pushed back an hour as of Monday.  (Actually, I prefer starting work at 6:00 a.m., and the later start and end will put my commute into heavier traffic, but there's precious little a grounds crew can do at 6:00 when the first hints of dawn don't start until 7:00.)

I had a more pleasant surprise than my cold, yesterday afternoon.  Four children came trick-or-treating!  (That's four times as many as I've ever had before.)  I handed out two Reese's peanut butter cups, a Hershey bar, and an Almond Joy.  Now what does it say about me that I have no recollection of what costumes the children were wearing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home