Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, December 06, 2013

Every Snow Cloud Has a Silver Lining

Most of you who read my blog already know that I took an extended Thanksgiving vacation to visit my mother, not to mention that I returned safely, but here's my first blog post after the holiday, making it official.

I have become more unsure of living and working in Tulsa.  When I was in NM, snow was something I heard about on the news, which other people had to deal with.  Now, it's something that might keep me from hitting the interstate to visit my mum or friends back home.  I nearly delayed my departure because of a forecast of freezing rain.  It's just as well that I didn't, because the weather got worse after I made it to my mom's house, and I would've wasted two or three days if I had waited.  Similarly, I moved up my return a day to beat the snow.

I can't find my ruler, but I estimate we got 2 - 3" in under 24 hours.  The footyprints are from my upstairs neighbor and other residents who have dogs (walking and picking up droppings in the snow is definitely a "con" of dog ownership).

The bright side to this cloudy day is that we didn't have to report to work (even those of us who have to shovel snow).  That gave me a four-day weekend (my last vacation day, plus a snow day, plus the weekend)!  Also, my furnace works.  The two bright sides...

Forget it.  I just hope the roads are cleared by the time I have to leave for work on Monday morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home