Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Saturday, June 07, 2014

But What I Really Need Is an Egg Slicer

Today is the day before my birthday.  I've already started using my e-coupons for free meals.  My entrees at breakfast and lunch today were comped, and I'll do the same tomorrow.

I did a little shopping today.  It wasn't for birthday gifts for myself, but it turned out that way.  I meant to buy six polo shirts to wear at work (one to replace a "dead" one and five to make another week).  I achieved that goal at my first stop (the Animal Aid Thrift Store), and I had plenty of cash in my pocket, so I allowed myself to look around at other items.  I resisted the lighthouses, lighthouse picture, and sailboat pictures because I have no more room to display any of them in my bathroom.  I found just two owl items (a figurine and a faded candle).  Then I looked at the books.  (Oops.)  I bought one gardening book and six mysteries.  I also found a set of six, simple, stainless steel napkin rings.  (At least the most expensive item was just three bucks.)

The friend who accompanied me loves thrift stores, garage sales, estate sales, and flea markets.  (He was quite put out that the weekly flea market at the fairgrounds wasn't open today.)  He directed me to a church rummage sale (nothing of interest) and one at the Cooperative Extension Service office.  (Jackpot!)  I walked out of there with six books (in my defense, three of them will be passed along to other readers, and the other three will remain on my shelves as reference books) and five, music CD's.  (At just a quarter apiece, I probably should've bought the entire box.)

All in all, I spent about 42 dollars, a startlingly appropriate amount for the last day I am 42 years old.  Plus, I contributed to two worthwhile causes:  the local, animal shelter and local Master Gardener program.  Birthday gifts for everybody!

Oh, yeah:  Yes, I will wash the shirts before wearing them.  At the very least, it'll remove all the hairs shed by the three, resident cats in the store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home