Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, September 15, 2014

Correcting an Oversight

A friend called me this evening and, during the conversation, asked about my job search.  It was a timely reminder, as I received the e-mail a few days ago that, again, I was not selected for the Lubbock position.  (Again, I wasn't even called for a first round interview.  Did they have someone in mind already?  Are there that many qualified grounds managers seeking employment these days?)  So, the search goes on.  At least I am still employed, so it's not an urgent search for a paycheck.

Also, I can update you about my thrift store hunt earlier this evening.  I found a pair of navy blue trousers in my size!  Alas, they were suit trousers and totally unsuitable for my "business casual which often gets dirty" need.  It looks like I'm going to have to move up to cheap-retail stores next.

All right, yes, I did get some books.  This time, I'll defend myself by saying that three were on my wishlist, one is a classic mystery I'm not likely to find even in the public library because of its age, one was a gardening book I'm not likely to see again (even if it's not relevant to my current gardening status), and that Portuguese/English dictionary might come in handy some day (although crossword puzzles usually limit their language references to French, German, Spanish, and Latin).

I also bought this nifty London street map jigsaw puzzle.  It's not that I need another puzzle, but it does keep with my theme of buying more puzzles only if I've actually been to the place(s) in the picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home