Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, September 18, 2014

I Shoulda Stood in Bed

I remember some of the weird dream I was having before my alarm clock went off this morning.  I was a member of a group (both men and women) either taking a class at the fire station or actually in training to become firefighters.  (Ha!  Can you imagine me as a fireman?)  We stood in front of a TV to watch a line-drawing, animated video of how a bullet would pass through several of us in one go.  I felt very uncomfortable "down there" and realized that the fire chief, who was teaching our class, standing in front of me had reached back and started groping me.  (That's what I get for being the tallest and standing in the back row.)  Pointing out something in the video, I commented to the shortest woman in the class, "Look, it [the bullet] passed right over your head and into my abdomen."  "Really?  I didn't see that," the fire chief lied, and replayed the video.  He resumed his place in front of me, reached back again, but found my upper thigh.  I could tell by the way the fabric of my trousers moved that I had thermal underwear on.

I was curious why the fire chief was groping me, but certainly not aroused.  (I mean, he was old.)  But the real reason I'm intrigued by the dream is that I seldom have self-awareness in my dreams.  Whether I am a participant, inhabit someone else's body, or merely observe as a presence, I rarely observe myself.  Only one other dream I remember indicates feeling in my legs.  In it, I was walking through tall grass, which I felt on my shins.  Thus, I figured either I was wearing shorts or I was naked.  In this dream, I definitely was wearing trousers (and then some).

On top of that, everyone went abso-frickin-lutely crazy at work today.  There were arguments.  There were threats of physical violence.  There was stupidity.  (More than usual, I mean.)  There were phone calls.  There was rain which kept us from working.  "Oh, hell, it's not even nine o'clock?!" I woefully observed.  Yes, the dream was more enjoyable, even if it included a scrotty, old man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home