Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, October 27, 2014

A Bird in the Hand

I don't want to bore you with owl talk, but I do want to share some of the owl items I bought while thrift shopping this weekend.  I followed the advice of Thing One's mom (moms must be obeyed) and bought only the owls that are unique.  Figurines and wall hangings are all over the place.  This item is not.
Yes, that is a pincushion at the base, and, believe it or not, the eyeglasses really are the handles of sewing scissors.  I probably won't see another one like this as long as I live.  (If Thing One finds out anything for me about the cooky jar, I'll share that picture with the info.)

Incidentally, I stopped by an ATM before our sojourn, since many thrift stores and elegant-junk stores don't accept credit or debit cards.  I won't say how much I withdrew, but I was surprised to see President Grant's face.  I've never seen an ATM dispense anything higher than a twenty before (and precious few that dispense anything but twenties).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home