Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Every Minute of Every Day

I was told that I had to leave an hour early yesterday (or take two hours for lunch).  "Why?" I asked.  "I stayed only 45 minutes late yesterday."  Yes, but the minutes from the other work days added up to another fifteen minutes.

Every other place I have worked rounded employee time to the closest quarter hour.  Hence, if you clocked in at 7:57 a.m., it was assumed you started at 8:00 a.m. and wouldn't be paid for those three minutes.  Here, though, they pay strictly according to what's on the time card.  Needless to say, this could become quite inconvenient, as there are about 30 guys lined up for the time clock as soon as the door is unlocked in the morning.

Let's see...  I clocked in three minutes "late" today, so I had better stop my lunch three minutes early, and then I'll have to clock out exactly at 5:00, and...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home