Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, October 06, 2016

Dawn Patrol

Every morning, my commute takes me downhill through the Sandia Indian reservation, with the entire city of Albuquerque spread below me.  In the summer, I can see dawn breaking over the city.  This time of year, the lights glitter below, like something from the movies.

For a minute, I was surprised to see multiple, sudden bursts of flame in the sky.  "What the he** is...  Oh, yeah.  It's Balloon Fiesta week," I soon realized.  Living in ABQ, one gets used to seeing hot air balloons in the sky, but it's always a bit of a surprise when the Dawn Patrol is up in the dark, checking out weather conditions before Mass Ascension.

(I won't include any pictures here, because you need only do a simple, web search to find about a bazillion of them.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home