Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, April 17, 2017

Sit Down, Stand Up, Fight, Fight, Fight!

Walk-in customers are rare for our company.  Today, I was expecting a long-time client who had scheduled an appointment in advance.  I've only dealt with her over the phone, so I didn't know what to expect.

Being a gentleman, I stood up to greet her and shake her hand when she approached my desk.  Being a gentleman, I promptly sat back down so that I could speak with her without being rude.  I mean, usually it's rude for a gentleman to sit down in the presence of a lady unless she sits first, but I had to do it so that we could talk without injuring either one of us.  We both would have gotten cricks in our neck, me from looking down and her from looking up.  The woman couldn't have been more than four feet tall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home