Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, August 06, 2021

This is why they're called the Olympic "Games".

I seldom watch sports.  Even with the Olympics on, with a larger variety of events than ever appear normally on TV, and with the chance of seeing them only every four years, I still don't sit for hours in front of the TV.  (I could, though, considering there's one broadcast network and three cable networks airing footage.)  When I did have the TV on these past two weeks, I checked out what competitions were shown.

I say "competitions" because I can't refer to some of the Olympic events as "sports".

Beach volleyball is in the Olympics?  Three-on-three basketball is a thing?  I don't even know what that one is.  Skateboarding is in the Olympics?!  Surfing is in the Olympics?  By this point, I barely can be surprised that BMX biking is in the Olympics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home