Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, May 25, 2020

Middle-Aged Curmudgeon

I've commented before that computers, the internet, and other forms of technology and I have a "cold war" of sorts.  We view each other with distrust & suspicion.  Today's update is:  same ol' same ol'.

The other day, I mentioned that I tore the only pair of jeans that still fits me.  With clothing stores closed or restricted, I finally gave in and browsed online.  I thought I found stores that had what I need.  ("I think so, Brain, but where are we going to find rubber pants our size?"  --Pinky)  Unfortunately, they didn't.  These are websites, after all, a form of technology that hates me.

I ordered two pairs of jeans from one website and some underwear from another.  In answer to your question:  no, of course I couldn't get everything from one place.  One had jeans but not underwear in my size, and the other had underwear but not jeans in my size.  I probably could have ordered elsewhere, but both would have been more expensive.

Moments ago, I got an e-mail from one of the stores that one of the two pairs of jeans I ordered was cancelled.  Already?  You see, this is why I hate the internet.  Even when I give it a chance, it turns on me.  No chance of detente here.









I guess I'll try the manufacturer's website next.  The price to order jeans directly from them is only a little more than the store that let me down.  Mind you, it was two days ago that I browsed their site, so either the price or availability probably has changed -- or both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home