Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Creeps & Crawls

I haven't complained about drivers in a while...

Why do so many people inch their cars forward at a red light? It doesn't change the light any faster. It doesn't get them to their destination any sooner. Is their sole purpose simply to irritate me?

I never inch forward; it keeps a safe distance between me and the car in front. What if some idiot were to plow into the rear end of my car while I was at a red light? At least I'd keep the front end of my car from being damaged, as well.

Do airplane pilots inch their cars forward? What would happen if they did this while awaiting their turn to take off? Inch by inch, sooner or later, the nose of the plane would stick into the runway where some other plane is landing or taking off at high speed.

I also am irritated by big, honkin' SUV's or pick-up trucks that don't stop for a red light until they're on top of the stop bar (or, indeed, the crosswalk). Meanwhile, I'm sitting in the right-turn lane, waiting to make a turn after a complete stop on red. All of a sudden, I can't see if there is a clearing in the traffic to my left, so I, in turn, must pull even farther forward to see around them because I drive what is "only" a full-size car. Oops, there goes the front end of my car, clipped by the cross traffic! That'll teach me to drive a car big enough for me to fit into but with a pretty decent fuel efficiency, instead of a gas guzzler.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home